Thursday 4 November 2010

Fibre Flurry

On Saturday I went to Fibre Flurry, I had a fantastic time and I really hope it will happen again next year and the year after and the year after that..... you get the idea. It was only half an hour up the motorway and I set off bright and early for my Spinning 101 workshop.

The workshop was fantastic - my spinning, not so much. I love hand-spun and I had visions of all the hats and socks (I know, I was getting WAY ahead of myself) I could knit with my lovely new skill. In reality, I was RUBBISH, more rubbish than anyone else there, so I think I need to come to terms with the fact that I will never be able to spin with any great success. I am not TOTALLY disappointed by this outcome - I have no room for spinning, both in terms of time and physical stash space. I will give it one more chance before I discount it completely - I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

In the afternoon I shopped. The market place was amazing full of my favourite yarn and notion sellers and the pictures of my acquisitions speak for themselves.......




1 comment:

  1. Nice haul! It's a shame I didn't see you there, probably because a) I don't know what you look like, and b) I was only there for the morning, which is probably when you were at your workshop :-)

    Keep trying with the spinning, it takes time to get the hang of it. And uneven handspun somehow still looks good once it's knitted up.

    ReplyDelete