Tuesday 14 December 2010

Cold weather = More Hats!

The weather has been unusually cold for this time of year, we had heavy snow in November and although where I live in the midlands was not badly affected the temperature did drop to -10 on a few nights. Earlier in the year, when it snowed in January, I was spectacularly unprepared - I had no hand knitted hats, gloves or mittens, throughout the year I have attempted to put this shameful state of affairs right.

I was ready for the cold weather this time



These are Bella's Mittens, they are very warm and perfect for the snow.

I made two hats in November, bring the Winter 2010 total up to three.

First there was the Woolly Wormhead Mystery KAL, I chose pattern B (although I will also knit pattern A because it is very pretty too).



The mystery was revealed and the pattern name is Limpetiole, I used The Thylacine Hartz DK, this yarn is lovely - the colour is so delicate and it was a joy to knit.


The second hat is a Ripley by Ysolda. I had a sudden urge to knit this hat and I started and finished in one evening.



I used The Knitting Goddess Lambswool and Silk Aran, which is gorgeous and very wooly, I adjusted the hat slightly in that mine is in between the slouchy and non-slouchy version. I love this hat - it very rarely leaves my head!

I have plans for several more hats just as soon as I get my endless Christmas knitting out of the way!

PS The When Vampires Knit Socks club is open for sign ups - go here to join in, you know you want to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment