Wednesday 12 December 2012

I need a tree

I love Christmas and I love Christmas trees. I just haven't got one.


I had a Christmas tree once but I lent it someone a few years ago when we were going abroad for Christmas and I'm not sure it came back.


I'm a Christmas nomad, I travel from house to house, all the houses I visit have trees, they are my adoptive trees.


Last year I went to my sisters for Christmas, I took my For the Tree samples for her tree, she wanted to keep them and I love her so I said yes.


DSC03055


This year I made some more for a swap, I rather like the colour scheme I used for these and I picked up some felt decorations to go with them.


IMG_0835


Then I made some Minikins. These are too cute and super quick to make.


IMG_0882


I gave them to someone who I will be apart from at Christmas as a reminder of how much I will miss them.


Now this ornament is different. I can't give it away. Jen made it for me and I love it so much.


IMG_0889


There are so many details, the mittens are different on the front and back, the collar and pockets are adorable. This is the ornament that will make me buy a tree.

6 comments:

  1. You DO need a tree! And not only to hang the coat on... Those knitted ornaments are adorable too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you definitely need a tree, what gorgeous decorations. love the post. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want tree socks !!!And Tree Hats ...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete