Tuesday 15 January 2013

Darkus

The mystery socks I designed for Tangled Yarn have been revealed!


IMG_0938


The yarn is from Juno Fibre Arts and it's very lovely, I was really inspired by the colour and I wanted to design something dark and mysterious (they were mysterious by definition).


I came up with the name DARKUS. As I was putting the pattern page up I thought I'd better check that with a quick google search, just in case its rude or medication for an unfortunate condition, it turns out it is the name of a Bakugan. A Bakugan, for those lucky people who don't know, is a kind of small monster toy, it folds up in to a ball then explodes out when you put it on a metal surface:


IMG_0894


They seem to breed in my house, I find them on door knobs, attached to bathroom cabinets, on the fridge. No wonder their names are flying around my subconscious just waiting to come out as pattern names.


IMG_0923


The socks have twisted stitches, lace and cables. The pattern is still available as 4 clues but I've also added a full version, with all the instructions in one document, the pattern page is here or you can. for £3.50


IMG_0934


There are lots of lovely versions in the Tangled Yarn group and the Coop Knits group on Ravelry.

1 comment:

  1. Yet another fantastic pair of socks! What are you trying to do to us all, with this temptation!!

    ReplyDelete