Saturday 30 April 2011

A trip to the beach...

DSC01563

My pattern First Beach Socks (Rav link), which were the second socks in the When Vampires Knit Socks club, is available to buy today. You can buy it on Ravelry or here:


These socks are inspired by Bella’s visit to First Beach where she is reunited with her childhood friend Jacob. When this happens in the book, the weather is unusually nice* and in the sunlight the seemingly grey pebbles on the beach reveal a vast array of subtle colours – gold, green, lavender, blue. The socks begin with ribbing with a little shell pattern and the pattern on the leg is reminiscent of the gentle rippling water in the tidal pool where Bella sits and lets her mind wander….

*when they filmed this scene the weather was not nice, scenes had to be changed to include hats, coats and blankets, I am staying true to the written word on this one!

DSC01544

These are my favourite out of all my sock designs, I love the longer than usual patterned cuff and thats definitely something I'll use again in future designs. The colours in this yarn are just gorgeous - Joy, The Knitting Goddess will be dyeing more for her shop, I will be sorely temped to buy some!

DSC01541

No comments:

Post a Comment