Tuesday 12 June 2012

Strawberries and Seasides

Summer is here... well, it was here for a week or so and then it started to rain again but I'm optimistic it will return soon(ish).


Last weekend I went to the seaside for a birthday day out:


IMG_0190


This photo would have you believe it was a sunny day, it lies. It poured down but, as this is a British seaside, there are shelters provided on the seafront for just this occurrence - what we lack in sunshine we make up for in stoic determination to enjoy the beach in all weathers.


IMG_0220


I do love the seaside, I think it's a symptom of living as far as I possibly from the sea in every direction.


IMG_0225


This is my new pattern: Strawbs - it's available when you purchase semi solid sock yarn from The Knitting Goddess until 25th June. It is inspired by strawberries which are in season now and taste so much better in these few weeks than they do for the rest of the year. (I bought some for the photo shoot, forgot they were for the photo shoot, ate them.)


IMG_0235


There are lace and cable strawberry motifs with seed stitch and a lace-rib foot, the socks mirror each other.


IMG_0267


(These shoes are Dr Martens, they were a birthday present from my sister)


IMG_0242


These are perfect socks to knit along to Wimbledon to, we'll be having a knit-a-long in my Ravelry group - come and join us!

1 comment:

  1. You are so clever! Love your new header illustration!

    ReplyDelete