Tuesday 9 April 2013

Calla Socks

I've got a pattern in the latest issue of Pom Pom Quarterly - one of my favourite publications.


IMG_0995


I love the way this magazine is put together; the design and the styling, I love the yarn they gave me and I love the way the magazine is wrapped up like a little present when it arrives:


IMG_0994


These are my socks:


IMG_0913


Lace and twisted stitches, petals and clean lines.


IMG_0912


The yarn is Shalimar Yarns Breathless, it's merino with some cashmere and silk and it is delightful, really - it's full of delight. I used it in my Coesite hat and cowl and last week some more arrived on my doorstep, I am very happy about this. It gives beautiful stitch definition and it's soft and bouncy, the colour used for these socks is oyster - delicate and subtle (wait until you see the colours of the aforementioned latest arrival, not delicate and subtle but equally beautiful)


The back of the issue is also very pretty:


IMG_0996


And there are lots of lovely patterns - look here, I've got a few summer dresses that would look pretty with a Lobelia cardigan over them.

3 comments:

  1. These socks are next on my list! Love Pompom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The socks are stunning! I'm so glad you like the yarn. The magazine looks wonderful, I'll have to look for it next time I'm at the bookstore.

    ReplyDelete